- Agustín Llach, Pilar, “Teaching Language Through Literature: The Waste Land in the ESL Classroom”, Odisea, nº 8, 2007, p. 7-17.
- Brumfit, Christopher and Carter, Ronald (eds.), Literature and Language Teaching, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1986.
- Corradini, Erika, Borthwick, Kate and Gallagher-Brett, Angela, “Employability for languages: a handbook”, Research-publishing.net.
- Elliott, Darren, “Recast, Recycle, Remix: Multiliteracy Approaches to Cultural Understanding”, 7th Annual Liberlit Conference, Tokyo Christian Women’s University, Tokyo, Japan, February 22nd, 2016.
- Gwin, T., “Language skills through literature”, English Teaching Forum, 28/3, 1990, p. 10-17.
- Hall, Geoff, Literature in Language Education (Research and Practice in Applied Linguistics), London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2nd edition, 2015.
- Hişmanoğlu, Murat, “Teaching English Through Literature”, Journal of Language and Linguistic Studies, Vol.1, No.1, April 2005.
- Jenkins, Henry and Kelley, Wyn, Reading in a Participatory Culture: Remixing Moby-Dick in the English Classroom, New York: Teachers College Press and National Writing Project, 2013.
- Kramsch, Claire, Context and Culture in Language Teaching, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1993.
- Lazar, Gillian, Literature and Language Teaching: a Guide for Teachers and Trainers, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1993.
- Parkinson, Brian and Reid Thomas, Helen, Teaching Literature in a Second Language, Edinburgh Textbooks in Applied Linguistics, Edinburg: Edinburg University Press, 2000.
- Whiteson, Valerie, New Ways of Using Drama and Literature in Language Teaching, Alexandria, VA: Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages at the University of Virginia, 1996.